Can we all take a minute and appreciate that hundreds of years ago a person poured hours of hard work into painting cherubs making human fart bubbles.
Kurt Russell as R.J. MacReady in John Carpenter’s The Thing
"Yeah, fuck you too!"
cubebreaker: In his series, The Good Badlands, photographer Guy Tal seeks to show us that though it is often hidden, and may only appear briefly, there is delicate and subtle beauty in abundance for any viewer with patience and desire.
- What position does your character sleep in? ( i.e; stomach, side, back, etc. ) Describe why they do this — optional.
- Does your character have any noteworthy features? Freckles? Dimples? A scar somewhere unusual? etc.
- Does your character have an accent? What does it sound like?
- Do they have any verbal tics? Do they have trouble pronouncing certain words or getting their thoughts across clearly?
- What are their chief tension areas?
- If you were to pick one song — and only one song — to describe your character, what would it be and why?
- How does your character perceive themselves? Positive? Negative? Neutral?
- Are they a quick thinker or do they need time to sort through their thoughts?
- Does your character dream or are their nights filled with an empty blackness? Describe a dream they’ve had or a night they couldn’t sleep and what they did to preoccupy their time.
- If they had a choice, would they prefer a subway or a bus for public transportation?
- What do they think of creation? Do they believe in evolution or do they believe in God? What is their religion like?
- Describe 5 unusual characteristics your muse has.
- Have they ever been so overwhelmed they had to stop and take a break from something?
- Are they a team player or do they prefer to be solo?
- Can they multi-task or must they focus on one subject at a time?
- What are their best school subjects? What are their worst? List five of each.
- Is your character an introvert or an extrovert? How do they handle big crowds of people?
- Are they a leader, do they prefer to follow, or would they rather just stay on the sidelines altogether?
- If your character was suddenly challenged, would they rather run away or stay and fight?
- If your character was allowed to murder one person without any consequences, who would that person be and why?
- Your character has been granted 3 wishes; what would they wish for and why?
- Does your character trust people right off the bat or does it take them some time to warm up to someone?
- Do they prefer romance or affection? What is the quickest way to your character’s heart?
- Does your character have any enemies? If so, who and why?
- Do they have any weird bedroom habits? Any unusual kinks?
- How does your character prepare for bed? Do they sleep at all or can they stay awake for days on end without trouble?
- If your character had one thing to say to their parents before they died, what would it be?
- Are they afraid of death? Do they have any regrets?
- Does your character get restless when things are too quiet or do they favour solitude and silence? Why?
- Finally; if your character was forced to eat one thing for the rest of their life, what would they choose and why?
Caught the voodoo hyenas tussling again. Seems good natured enough, but not the distraction we need in the middle of prep time!
These two will be coming to fanexpo with us.
Bones has made some pretty sweet modifications to the original pattern which are subtle, but refine their hips and shoulders a little more. We’re also using our new joints in their stifles (otherwise known as the knee), which given ‘em a really nice ‘tuck’ ability.
For the uninitiated, these guys are made using ball and socket resin joints, and do not utilize wire. As a result, they’re nice and durable, and hold a pose beautifully without the worry of wire fatigue/breakage.
Their boney bits are cast in resin from our original sculpts (skulls are based on Crocuta crocuta, the spotted hyena), hand painted and sewn. These guys sport two slightly different colour schemes, the warm yellow-tan, and the cooler mushroomy grey. The mushroom fella uses a brand new side fur that’s lovely and has a bit of a shine to it, so he’s probably somewhat unrealistic in just how tidy he looks, haha.
What’s a different title for the show you’re currently on? (x)